Friday, July 20, 2007

California connection

It has been 5 days since I last heard from Philip at Golden Motor so I decided to call the US distributer. I called the number given on the website and talked with Raul. He admitted that when Philip gets busy it can take him a while to respond to emails but he also said that customer service should be a priority.

I told Raul about the problems I had with the dented rim and broken motor sensor. He said that he would talk to Philip and see if he could help move things along. It turns out that when you order a kit from the website, Philip simply forwards the request to Raul. So it might be better to order a kit directly from Raul.

At this rate it could be mid-September before I get a working kit installed -- it's ironic because that's when the go-hub motors will be back in stock.

2 comments:

OneEye said...

Sorry to hear of your problems with the bike setup. It kind of does sound like a hall-effect sensor problem. As you can tell by now the customer support from goldenmotor is somewhat limited, so this kit takes a bit of a do-it-yourself spirit. In that vein, here is a link to a goldenmotor user who replaced the hall effect sensors on his motor to repair a similar problem (post crash, if I recall correctly).

http://www.instructables.com/id/EWL8QR1F3SYTODB/

Good luck. I'll be following along to see if you can get everything to work.

Tulsa said...

Excellent! I checked out the link and it appears that I can open the motor without taking off the spokes.